study.ua

Освітній портал Педагогічна преса

Рейтинг Користувача: / 1
НайгіршеНайкраще 

Науково-методична робота - Англійська мова

Розробка  уроку  з  англійської  мови. Підготувала  Денисенко  Віиа  Іванівна

11 клас

Тема: « Харчування»

Мета:активізувати лексичний матеріал, практикувати учнів в читанні тексту з вилученням основної

fibre

Dairy products

Meat products

Fast food

carbohydrates

fats

proteins

minerals

vitamins

Junk food

Healthy food

Diet

Meals

інформації; розвивати навички спілкування; виховувати правильне ставлення до харчування.

Обладнання: підручник, роздавальні картки.

Тип уроку: комбінований урок.

Обладнання: підручник, роздавальний матеріал.

Хід уроку.

1. Підготовка до сприйняття іншомовного мовлення.

1. Повідомлення теми уроку.

2.Введення в іншомовну атмосферу. Brainstorming.

Vegetables

Fruit

Dairy products

Dairy products

Look at this mind map and say what your associations  are when we say the word “Food”

II. Основна частина.

1. Лексичні вправи.  Vocabulary.
    1. Find the definition of the following words and expressions.

nutrient

a

food that is not heathy

junk food

b

drinks which don’t contain gas

G M food

c

genetically modified foods or plants have their genetic structure changes

calorie

d

food that is considered healthy because it only contains natural things rather than anything artificial

obesity

e

sweet non-alcoholic drinks bubbles of gas

processed food

f

try not to get fatter by eating the correct food

fast food

g

food which is prepared quickly and you can take away with you

fizzy drinks

h

it contains the right food in the right amounts

still drinks

i

a lack of vitamins

wholemeal  food

j

a comical or food that provides what is needed for plants or animals to live and grow

balanced diet

k

a unit for measuring the amount of energy that food will produce

to watch one’s weight

l

a chemical substance found in your blood

deficiency disease

m

when someone is very fat in a way that is unhealthy

functional food

n

food that has chemicals in it to make it last a long time

cholesterol

o

food that is designed to improve health and lower the risk of dіsease

1. Вживання ідіом з лексикою по темі « Їжа».

Listen to the idioms and their explanation.Try to guess the meaning of the following idioms.        Match choices  (1 – 11 ) to (a –k ).

1. Couch potato

My brother is a real couch potato! He spends all the time lying on the couch and watching TV! He doesn’t even go outside! — My brother is an extremely lazy person!

couch — диван, софа, кушетка, couch potato — людина, яка любить полежати, ледарь.

1. Apple of one’s eye

Mary’s little son is the apple of her eye. – Mary loves her son very much.

John says that his new car is the apple of his eye. — John says that likes his new car a lot.

Apple of one’s eye – людина або річ, яку дуже люблять.

1. Cool as a cucumber

Though many students were nervous before the exam, Tom was as cool as a cucumber. — Though many students were nervous before the exam, Tom was calm and not anxious. ( дуже спокійний)

1. To be one’s cup of tea

Knitting is really my mother’s cup of tea. – My mother likes knitting very much.

I think Maths is not my cup of tea. – I am not very keen on Maths, I don’t like it.                                              ( заняття, яке дуже подобається).

1. It’s another cup of tea

When I went to England, I realised that it was another cup of tea. — When I went to England, I realised that the life there was completely different from what I was used to. ( зовсім інша справа ).

1. Half-baked

I must admit that my project failed because it was half-baked. — I must admit that my project failed because it was not thought out carefully.

Dan’s answer was half-baked, so he got low mark at the seminar. — Dan’s answer was poor, so he got low mark at the seminar. ( непродуманий план, неякісний, поверхній).

(half-baked doctor недосвідчений).

1. To be toast

If you are late to work again, you are toast. You wil have  problems.        ( мати проблеми)

1. In a nutshell

As she had only few minutes, she told us the story in a nutshell. — As she had only few minutes, she told us the story very briefly.

I’ll tell you in a nutshell what I am going to do. — I’ll tell you in a few words what I am going to do. ( не вдаючись в деталі)

1. Sell like hot cakes

The new books by this author sell like hot cakes. — The new books by this author sell quickly.

Before Christmas toys sell like hot cakes. — Before Christmas toys sell rapidly and in high quantities.

( те, що швидко продаеться)

1. 10. Full of beans

Your grandmother is full of beans in spite of her age! Where does she get her energy from? — Your grandmother is full of enthusiasm and vitality in spite of her age!  Where does  she get her energy  from?        ( енергійна людина)

1. Be like chalk and cheese

I don’t know how Sam and Ann can get on well. They are like chalk and cheese. — I don’t know how Sam and Ann can get on well.  They are completely  different. ( дуже різні, несхожі ).

12.  A big fish in a small pond

The woman was a big fish in a small pond when she moved to a small town.

couch potato

a

енергійна людина

apple of one’s eye

b

мати проблеми, «невдаха»

cool as cucumber

c

любить полежати, ледарь

to be one’s cup of tea

d

не вдаючись в деталі

it’s another cup of tea

e

дуже різні, несхожі

half-baked

f

дуже важлива людина в невеликому середовищу

you are toast

g

людина або річ, яку дуже люблять

in a nutshell

h

те, що швидко продається

sell like hot cakes

i

дуже спокійний

full of beans

g

зовсім інша справа

be like chalk and cheese

k

заняття, яке дуже подобається

a big fish in a small pond

l

непродуманий, неякісний

1. How  much   do  know  about  the  food  eat?  Match  the  halves and  make  sentences.

1 Milk and cheese

2 Potatoes, carrots and beetroot

3 Cheese, butter and oil

4 Fresh fruit and vegetables

5 Eggs and red meat

6 Rice, potatoes and bread

7 Nuts and dried beans

8 Proteins, fats and carbohydrates

a)      are rich in vitamins C.

b)      are high in cholesterol.

c)      are root vegetables.

d)     are good sources of protein for vegetarians.

e)      are  all high in carbohydrates.

f)       are dairy products.

g)      are needed in a balanced diet.

h)      have a high proportion of fat.

1. Read the sentences about food and eating. Complete them by writing  the right word in each gap.

In     *  with * to * of * the *  on  *  down

1        Of course, I accept that fast food has the advantage------convenience.

2        -------truth is, a lot of our traditional national dishes aren’t very healthy either.

3        Actually, the most important thing is-------have a balanced diet.

4        I don’t think a burger and chips provides you-------enough vitamins.

5        I prefer the range of flavours you get---------traditional dishes.

6        If you are inclined to put -------weight you should eat the correct food.

7        If you want to get --------the weight, eat non- or low.fat products.

1. Читання. Reading.
    1. 1. Read the text below and decide which answer , В, С or D) best fits each space. There is an example at the beginning (0).

CLUE: The missing words in this task are all words that go with other words in fixed phrases connected with food and eating. For example, concerned is the right answer to 0 because none of the other adjectives go with about.

EATING WELL

People today are probably more (0) concerned about food than ever before. We worry about eating foods that (1)..............too much fat or carbohydrates and so we cut (2)..............on things like meat, bread, potatoes and dairy (3)............... The  problem  with making dramatic changes to our eating (4)..............like these is that we may also be cutting out good (5)..............of iron or other vitamins and minerals. Suddenly we start feeling tired and irritable. The secret of 6)..............diet is to reduce foods that are (7)..............in cholesterol while, at the same time, eating those that are (8)..............in calcium and iron like soy protein, sesame seeds, spinach and broccoli. Eating well does not mean that you should cut out all your (9)..............foods; it just means eating sensibly and trying to avoid too much (10)…….. food!

A interested

В

concerned

С

keen

D

fed up

Ahold

В

contain

С

enclose

D

carry

A out

В

off

С

down

D

up

A products

В

specimens

с

examples

D

samples

A customs

В

rules

с

norms

D

habits

Abases

В

origins

с

sources

D

causes

A balanced

В

neutral

с

steady

D

solid

A large

В

tall

с

high

D

big

A strong

В

rich

с

full

D

wealthy

A preferred

В

lovely

с

favourite

D

admired

A rubbish

В

junk

с

trash

D

garbage

1. Look through the text and find the following information.

Hamburgers.

The word hamburger comes from the German city of Hamburg. In the Hamburg area the Tartars first made a sort of hamburger in the Middle Ages. They used to sit on pieces of meat when they  rode horses; so the meat came our flat! But the Americans invented the modern hamburgers about 100 years ago. Now they forget the origin of word-and make hamburgers; fishburges; beefburgers; eggburgers... in fact anythingburgers.

Hot  dogs.

Long thin sausages come from Frankfurt    in Germany. They are called ‘ frankfurters’. Put one in bread, and it becomes a “hot dog”. Why? Well, the sausage looks like a long thin German dog, a “dachshund”. Add chilli, and it tastes hot!

Fish’ n’ chips.

150 years ago in England, mothers and fathers in poor families had to go out to work in factories. There was no time to shop and cook. So they bought fast food in the street. The most popular  was fried fish with a piece of bread. Then in the 1870s pommes de terre a la mode came from France. The English called them “chips”. Soon there were fish’n’chips shops everywhere in working-class areas. They used to put fish’n’chips in an old newspaper-with a lot of salt and vinegar on top. Today fish’n’chips are still very popular in Britain- but they come in clean white paper bags! (In the USA they are called French fries.)

Fast  food.

Imagine you work in an office in New York. You are busy, and your boss is shouting at everyone. You have just a quarter of an hour for lunch. You go out into the street. You want to order, pay, get your food, eat it, buy a newspaper, wash your hands, talk to your friends and … get back to the office. All in fourteen and a half minutes! So what do you eat? Fast food, of course- a sandwich, a burger or a slice of pizza.

The  first  fast  food.

The Earl of Sandwich was the head of the English Navy in the American War for Independence. He loved playing cards and he didn’t like stopping for lunch. So, in 1762, he invented a snack made of two pieces of bread with something in the middle. What was it called?

Post-reading tasks:

Which fast food:

a) came from France?

b) has a frankfurter in it?

c) started in the 18th century?

d) used to come in a newspaper?

e) got its name from a German city?

III. Заключна частина.

1. Підведення підсумків.

Let’s come back to our mind-map and sum up what we spoke about. Answer the questions:

1)      How many meals a day do you have?

2)      What fast and junk  food can you name?

3)      What does “healthy food” mean for you?

4)      What idioms  from the lesson did you remember and like?

5)      Is it important to eat healthy food?

1. Домашнє завдання.  Виписати  слова в словник., знайти ідіоми по темі.

Контактна інформація

Ліцей "УНІВЕРСУМ"
Україна, 03035, Київ, провулок  Політехнічний, 3-а
Тел/факс : (044) 236-1976
e-mail: universum95@ukr.net